Running a business has its expenses, most of which cannot be eliminated. However, the electricity aspect of it can be significantly lowered. With the cost of a solar PV system at an all time low, and the price of electricity constantly rising, it creates the perfect opportunity to invest in something that’s guaranteed to pay you back.
The Government of Canada is currently implementing the Clean Technology ITC for provide a 30% refundable tax credit for investments in solar. It will be available to commercial enterprises as soon as the tax laws are finalized and will be retroactive to March 2023.
How Does A Grid-Tied System Work?
1. Solar panels are installed either on your roof or on a ground mount system.
2. The panels collect sunlight and turn it into DC electricity. The DC electricity is then converted into your typical AC electricity found in your building.
3. The inverter then runs to your main electrical panel which distributes power throughout the building.
4. Any power that isn’t used is fed into the main electrical grid and kept track of via a bi-directional meter. This meter is provided free of charge and also tracks how much power you use when the array isn’t producing. i.e. at night.
5. The meter is read once a month to record how much you have used from the grid and how much has been exported. These savings and credits are shown on your monthly power bill.
Live Online Monitoring
Keep track of how your system is performing from anywhere, with any device that has Wi-Fi. It will even automatically send you, as well as our office, a message if anything stops working or fails to produce power. A free perk that comes with our systems.